Nuxeo Cloud Trial is a way to evaluate some of Nuxeo DM's features directly from your web browser without having to install anything on your desktop.
For your convenience, we have created two domains:
The Default Domain of the Cloud Trial instance is a public domain reset every night, so please do not put personal documents inside it.
What is worth to do with the sample Default Domain:
- Browse documents within our sample Workspaces/Sections structure:
- Sample pictures library in > Workspace > Marketing,
- Sample forum in > Workspaces > IT department > Projects > Open Search Everywhere > Forum,
- Sample Mailbox in > Workspaces > IT department > Projects > Database migration > Mailbox. Try to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and check that mailbox...
- Sample files in > Workspaces > Sample Files.
- Learn how to modify a document's metadata, comment the document, link it to other documents, manage versioning, and subscribe to notifications.
- Create several types of documents such as Workspaces, Folders, Websites, Forums, Mail Folders, etc... Of course you need Write rights to do that (see below).
- Use virtual navigation, advanced search. Add a tag on a document and browse through the tag cloud on the left panel. Try the full-text search after adding a document in the Sample Files folder.
- Publish a document from a workspace to one or multiple sections.
- See how user rights management works. We also created 3 users, all of them members of a group ecm-experts. Try login with those users.
- Bill (password:Bill) has manage rights over IT department workspace.
- Eric (password :Eric) has Write access over the same folder.
- John (password:John) has Write access over the same folder.
- Steve (password: Steve) has no Read access over IT department. He can't see what ecm-experts can see...
- Log in as one of ecm-experts, add a document in one of the folders and start a workflow between Bill, Eric, John. Then connect with the users account you defined in your workflow and see from the dashboard the new task that has been created.
Your Own Domain
This is a domain where you can freely create your own structure of containers, import documents, and use most of DM's out-of-the-box features for a 30 days trial period.
You have full manage rights on this domain, but since you have no administration rights on the Cloud instance, you won't be able manage users (you can use Bill, Eric, John, Steve accounts as described before).