Nuxeo Live Edit is a Nuxeo DM extension that enables users to open and edit Microsoft Office and OpenOffice.org documents in their native application from Nuxeo. This extension prevents you from the painful process of downloading - editing - uploading office documents in the application.
Live Edit comes as an extension that needs to be installed on the user's computer. It can be downloaded from the download dedicated page on nuxeo.com.
Live Edit is available for:
Nuxeo Live Edit targets Microsoft Office 2007/2010, OpenOffice.org 3.3 and LibreOffice 3.4.4. It is known to work with Internet Explorer 7+ and Firefox 3.6+.
Live Edit allows you to:
Before you start
Before you start using Live Edit to create and edit documents:
- you may want to take a look at the Live Edit compatibility table,
- please check your certificate is validated if your Nuxeo DM uses HTTPS. If your certificate is not validated, Live Edit won't work.
- under Linux, ensure to have Java support installed when using LibreOffice. Ubuntu package is libreoffice-java-common
- for Internet Explorer 9 users, change your browser mode to at least "IE9 Compat view", in the developer toolbar (F12).
Creating office documents
To create office documents directly into Nuxeo DM:
- Click on one of the MS Office or OpenOffice.org icon displayed below the search box.
- The application corresponding to the icon you clicked on opens.
- Type the content of your document.
- Save your modifications in Nuxeo DM:
- By closing the application.
- By cliking Save in Nuxeo in the Add-Ins menu of the application.
A Save in Nuxeo window opens.
- Give the document a title and a description, and select where to save the document in Nuxeo DM.
- Click on OK button.
The document is automatically saved in Nuxeo DM.
Documents that can be edited with Live Edit are indicated by the icon in the Content tab of the parent folder and in the Summary tab of the document.
When you edit a document online using Live Edit, the document is automatically locked in Nuxeo DM. It is automatically unlocked when you close the file from Microsoft Office or OpenOffice.org.
To edit office documents from Nuxeo DM:
- Click on the online edition icon of the document.
The document opens in the appropriate application.
- Modify the file.
- When done, close the editing application.
A window pops up.
- Indicate if you want to save the modifications.
The modified file is automatically uploaded on the Nuxeo DM application.