- install the MS Office - IE Live Edit (see DMDOC:Installing Live Edit for MS Office),
- install the OpenOffice.org - IE Live Edit extension (see below).
- In Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons > Nuxeo Live Edit Protocol Handler > Preferences (or Options).
- Change the temp folder :
C:\Temp(or another temp folder like
- Set the mime-types you want to use Live Edit with and click on Add new mapping (see below for the mimetypes mapping).
- Be sure that the checkbox "Use NXWss" is un-checked.
- Be sure to check correctly that the checkbox "Preserve compatibility" is un-checked.
Since version 0.4.6 of the protocol handler, there is a checkbox labeled "Preserve compatibility" that allows to preserve the backward compatibility.
This box must be checked when the targeted server is pre 5.2.
Without checking it, the addon is forming a different type of headers allowing using of a bunch of new features like WebEngine (but it works only for the server 5.2 +). Simple said:
- if Live Edit appear not to work (there is no available Edit online link) and the targeted Nuxeo server is not 5.2 or higher, check that the "Preserve compatibility" is marked.
- if some cool features like WebEngine are not available (throwing exception) and the targeted Nuxeo server is 5.2 or higher, check that the "Preserve compatibility" is not marked.
- Click Ok.