Nuxeo EP (CS, CAP, DM) + Addons
First check the source code is releasable:
All addons listed in http://hg.nuxeo.org/addons/file/5.4/pom.xml are released at the same time.
Release other addons
All other addons than those listed in http://hg.nuxeo.org/addons/file/5.4/pom.xml are manually maintained, tested and released.
Check for the wanted addon status in its dedicated job(s) on Jenkins (Build, Unit tests, Functional tests).
Mercurial branching model
Release (let's say releasing 1.0.1 from 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT on "1.0" development branch — may be called "master" or "development" — from a Mercurial repository):
- Prepare release (create maintenance branch 1.0.1 from 1.0, change version)
- hg up 1.0
- hg branch 1.0.1
- Replace 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT with 1.0.1
- Commit, tag, build and deploy, push
- hg ci -m"prepare release 1.0.1"
- hg tag release-1.0.1
- mvn clean deploy -Prelease,-qa
- Close branch (aka "null-merge", if relevant)
- hg up null-merge ; hg merge -f -y 1.0.1 ; hg revert -a -r null-merge -X .hgtags ; hg ci -m"null-merge 1.0.1"
- Post release (change version)
- hg up 1.0
- Replace 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT with 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT
- hg ci -m"post release 1.0.1"
- hg push
Git branching model
Draft waiting for being finalized and automated with nx-builder.