The default parallel workflow, called "Parallel document review", is an unordered workflow that enables to change the document's state after a consultation step. This means that participants can give their opinion on the document without having to wait for a previous participant to approve it.
The workflow is composed of the steps below:
- A user wants to make a document go to the Approved life cycle state, but would like to have the opinion of some other users. He executes a Parallel document review.
- He select the users he wants to consult about the document, select a due date and starts the review. The document is automatically locked for the review. The participants all get a consultation task at the same time.
- Each participant goes on the document and indicates if he approves or rejects the document.
- When all participants have provided their opinion, the initiator gets a summary of the consultation.
- He can then approve the document or not.
- If he approved it, the document changes state.
- If he rejects it, the document stays at the Project life cycle state.In both cases the document is automatically unlocked.
The pages below describe how to proceed for each of these steps: