nuxeo-distribution module is used for packaging of the Nuxeo products: Nuxeo EP/DM /Jetty/Tomcat, Nuxeo Shell, Nuxeo Core Server, ... It is a way to specify declaratively which bundles and static resources are part of your application.
nuxeo-distribution, you can build from Nuxeo sources, or from existing distribution and much more: if you need to assemble your own distribution, you will find in
nuxeo-distribution resources, templates and samples on which to base your packaging.
You don't need to use the nuxeo-distribution module if:
- You want a standard Nuxeo distribution: => Download it from http://www.nuxeo.com/downloads/ (manual download only); => Download it from http://maven.nuxeo.org (manually via online interface or automatically using Maven);
- You want to customize configuration files: => Use the template configuration system;
- You want to build your own distribution: => Rely on the same tools and principles as nuxeo-distribution does but do it from your own project, with your own assembly.
You have to use
nuxeo-distribution module if:
- You want to reproduce the Nuxeo build process,
- You want to build Nuxeo offline, => Being unable to download artifacts from internet, you will need a lot of other Nuxeo sources and some third-party artifacts.
- You work on Nuxeo source code and need quick feedback on your changes, you don't want to wait for our continuous integration system building nuxeo-distribution.
Read to the Nuxeo Core Developer Guide for more information on how to package from sources using nuxeo-distribution.