Also sometimes referred to as metadata, properties are the granular elements of data stored on a document. There are different types of properties:
- text properties are strings;
- dates are stored as such;
- yes/no properties are booleans;
- numbered properties use integers;
- blobs are used to store binary content such as files.
Properties can also be a list of these types, such as a list of dates, a list of strings. They can even have a more complex structure (like a list of “contact”) and are then named “complex properties”.