As for the API, we have to conciliate stability and innovation. That means we want backward compliance and transparent changes for a smooth user experience on upgrades.
Here's what can be done when some changes are required on data or configuration.
ConfigurationGenerator.checkForDeprecatedParameters() helps to manage the migration of deprecated configuration parameters.
If a migration script is required, then:
- Prefix its name with the current Nuxeo version
- Attach it to the related JIRA issue
- Add it to the source code under
- Reference it in the relevant sub-page of Upgrading the Nuxeo Platform
In the script header, specify:
- The source if it's a third-party copy (modified or not)
- The related JIRA issue reference
- A short description and the script usage