If you think that you should not be responsible for a task, you can reassign it. Reassignment should not be confused with delegation.
When you delegate a task, you remain responsible for the task. You don't lose your rights on the document: you can still process the task if you want to.
On the contrary when you reassign your task on a document, you lose your rights on the task and on the document. The user you reassign the task to becomes responsible for the task and it is as if you never had to review the document.
You can reassign a task from the Task tab.
To reassign a task from Task tab:
- Click on the task to you want to reassign.
- Click Start Review.
- Click Reassign.
The Reassignment form is displayed in a pop-up.
- In the Users field, type the name of a user or group.
- Click on the user or group you want to reassign the task to.
- Optional: Repeat these steps as many times as you want to reassign the task.
- Optional: Type a comment for the assignee(s).
- Click on the Reassign button. The task is no longer displayed in your Tasks tab.