A permission is a rule to grant access to a user or set of users to a Nuxeo document. User has a view in the dashboard where he can see the documents on which a permission is set. Managing permissions means granting or denying access permissions in a document or folder.
Some permissions are granted automatically, for example when you create a workflow and grant access to a user on a document for the entire workflow or a particular task.
|Permission||Actions in Workspaces||Actions in Sections|
|Can ask for publishing||Submit documents for publishing|
For more information on how to grant and manage permissions, see the related documentation.
To add a permission, at the root of a workspace, a folder or a document, click on the Permission tab New Permission and fill in the popup form.
The new permission is displayed in the Permissions defined locally part of the screen.
You can share documents and folders with people that don't usually have access to the application, using their email.
In the Permissions Assigned to External Users part of the screen, click New and fill in the popup form. The external user receives an email notification that contains the link to the document or space. They can access the application only by clicking that link.
- You can only grant a temporary access to external users.
- External users have not created a user account on the application. They do not have login / password credentials. They can only use the link that is sent to them to access the application.
- External users have access to the content that was shared with them (either documents or workspaces and their content) and the Search tab.
- External users do not benefit from the personal workspace, the Home tab and their features (dashboard, alerts, users / groups search, etc.).
- The Token Authentication must be included in the authentication chain.
To edit a permission click on next to it, from there you can modify the permission and/or the date frame.
To delete a permission click on next to the permission you want to delete, click Ok on the confirmation popup.