This page non exhaustively lists frequently asked questions about Nuxeo Drive
Since the version
1.3.1216 of Nuxeo Drive client, the synchronization delay is 30 seconds (5 seconds in the previous releases). There are three ways to change this value:
- For test purpose, run Nuxeo Drive in console mode with the
- Add a
config.inifile in the folder
C:\Users\<username>\.nuxeo-drivewith the following lines:
[DEFAULT] env=longDelay [longDelay] delay=120
This example sets the delay to 120 seconds by activating the
longDelay setting environment.
- Finally, if you want to change the delay for all the Nuxeo Drive clients, you can update the
delaysetting of the Nuxeo Drive global configuration.
The simplest way is through the Advanced tab of the Settings panel.
This can also done as for the previous paragraph by adding the following lines in the
Increase log verbosity:
Decrease log verbosity:
Finally, if you want to change the log verbosity for all the Nuxeo Drive clients, you can update the
log_level_filesetting of the Nuxeo Drive global configuration.
The configuration of the synchronization folder needs to be done at the first setup of Drive.
In the Settings screen, you can switch to another folder by clicking on the
... button, as you can see on this picture.
If you want to report any issue regarding Nuxeo Drive, you need to provide these informations:
- Drive client version, for example
2.0.0911: this information can be found in the Settings > About menu when doing a right-click on Nuxeo Drive icon in the systray
- Drive package version, for example
1.4.4: this information can be found in Admin > Update Center > Local packages (administrator rights are needed to access this section)
- Nuxeo Platform version, for example
6.0, and the level of hotfixes installed
- Bug report generated by Nuxeo Drive, see Settings > Advanced > Click to generate a bug report.
- Drive client logs, located in
- Nuxeo Platform logs, located in
Currently Nuxeo Drive has some limitations:
- For performances reasons, the number of documents synchronized for a given folder is by default limited to 1000. See below for a changing this default limit. (We plan to use pagination to overcome this, see NXDRIVE-307).
- Synchronizing very big files may be an issue if your network connection is slow or unstable. This will be improved by uploading files by chunks and allowing to resume uploads, see NXDRIVE-457.
- The target use case is not to synchronize a huge tree on a lot of desktops: Nuxeo Drive is not optimized to replicate the Document Repository on each desktop.
- Complex synchronization cases where you delete files that are being synchronized.
- Needs a special configuration to work with a Nuxeo cluster for a version < 7.10:
By default when synchronizing a Nuxeo folder the maximum number of documents fetched by Nuxeo Drive is limited to 1000. If the folder has more than 1000 documents the exceeding documents will not be synchronized.
This is defined by the FOLDER_ITEM_CHILDREN page provider.You can easily override it to set a custom maximum number of documents (let's say 2000 for example) with an XML contribution like:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <component name="com.mycompany.drive.pageproviders.custom" version="1.0"> <require>org.nuxeo.drive.pageproviders</require> <extension target="org.nuxeo.ecm.platform.query.api.PageProviderService" point="providers"> <coreQueryPageProvider name="FOLDER_ITEM_CHILDREN"> <pattern> SELECT * FROM Document WHERE ecm:parentId = ? AND ecm:isCheckedInVersion = 0 AND ecm:currentLifeCycleState != 'deleted' AND ecm:mixinType != 'HiddenInNavigation' </pattern> <sort column="dc:created" ascending="true" /> <pageSize>2000</pageSize> <maxPageSize>2000</maxPageSize> <property name="maxResults">PAGE_SIZE</property> </coreQueryPageProvider> </extension> </component>