This page non exhaustively lists frequently asked questions about Nuxeo Drive
In order to be fully compatible with Nuxeo Drive, the minimum required version of the
nuxeo-drive server addon is:
- 7.10: 1.5.7
- 8.10: 1.6.6
- 9.10: 1.7.3
- 10.10: 1.8.1
And the minimum required installed Hotfix (HF) is:
Nuxeo Drive is guaranteed to run on:
- GNU/Linux, 64 bits
- macOS >= 10.11, 64 bits
- Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8, both 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8.1, both 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 10, both 32 and 64 bits
Minimum supported versions:
Server side actions are all reflected locally (rename, move, delete, permissions change).
Those local actions will trigger a synchronization with the server:
- file/folder rename;
- file/folder move;
- file/folder delete.
Note that changes on file metadata at the OS level (like date modification) that do not alter the file integrity (e.g.: its digest has not changed) will not trigger the synchronization.
Since the version
1.3.1216 of Nuxeo Drive client, the synchronization delay is 30 seconds (5 seconds in the previous releases). There are three ways to change this value:
For test purpose, run Nuxeo Drive in console mode with the
config.inifile in the folder
%HOME/.nuxeo-drivewith the following lines:
[DEFAULT] env = longDelay [longDelay] delay = 120
This example sets the delay to 120 seconds by activating the
Finally, if you want to change the delay for all the Nuxeo Drive clients, you can update the
delaysetting of the Nuxeo Drive global configuration.
The simplest way is to access it in the Settings panel through:
- the Advanced tab on Drive <= 2.4.0,
- the General tab on Drive >= 4.1.0.
This can also be done by adding the following lines in the
Increase log verbosity:
log-level-file = DEBUG
Decrease log verbosity:
log-level-file = ERROR
Finally, if you want to change the log verbosity for all the Nuxeo Drive clients, you can update the
log_level_filesetting of the Nuxeo Drive global configuration.
"Nuxeo Drive" wants access to control "Finder". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "Finder", and to perform actions within that app.
Starting with macOS Mojave, the security layer has been enforced. And so when an application is trying to use another application or service, this new pop-up appears. Just click on OK and it will not show again.
They are available since Nuxeo Drive 3.1.0 and should be enabled by default. If not, you can do it manually in System Preferences > Extensions:
And ensure the Nuxeo Drive > Finder Extensions is checked:
You only need to make sure that:
- Redis is enabled.
$DATA_DIR/transientstores/defaultdirectory is shared by all the Nuxeo instances, see the related documentation for details.
If you want to report any issue regarding Nuxeo Drive, you need to provide these informations:
- Drive client version, for example
4.1.0: this information can be found in the Settings > About menu when doing a right-click on Nuxeo Drive icon in the systray
- Drive package version, for example
1.8.1: this information can be found in Admin > Update Center > Local packages (administrator rights are needed to access this section)
- Nuxeo Platform version, for example
10.10, and the level of hotfixes installed
- Bug report generated by Nuxeo Drive, see Settings > Generate a bug report.
- Drive client logs, located in
- Nuxeo Platform logs, located in
If you need to move your Nuxeo Drive content from one computer to another, we suggest you to just initiate an empty Nuxeo Drive on the new computer.
Another possibility is to use a Microsoft Migration Tool.
We do not recommend to copy the Nuxeo Drive files to USB keys to transfer them as it will not migrate all the data correctly.
Useful commands for sysadmin, but it can be helpful to everyone at times.
- Stop/Kill Nuxeo Drive:
taskkill /im ndrive.exe /f 2>null
- Silently uninstall Nuxeo Drive:
"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Nuxeo Drive\unins000.exe /VERYSILENT"
Currently Nuxeo Drive has some limitations:
- The target use case is not to synchronize a huge tree on a lot of desktops: Nuxeo Drive is not optimized to replicate the Document Repository on each desktop.
- Complex synchronization cases where you delete files that are being synchronized.
- Drive will generates errors and will ignore files that are duplicates on the server. Thus, it is not recommended to have an extensive usage of Nuxeo Drive with platform use cases implying file duplicates.