Editing a document consists in modifying its content (i.e. the attached file of a file document, the text of a note, etc.), as well as simply editing the title, description or any property of the document.
You can also edit documents using Nuxeo Drive. For more information, see Nuxeo Drive Editing Documents.
Properties of the documents, a.k.a. metadata, ensure that the document is referenced more accurately. Some properties are automatically filled in by the system, but most of them need to be filled in by users. When you create a document (file, note, workspace, section, or any other document type), its properties are empty.
The Nuxeo Platform uses Dublin Core metadata by default, although not all of them are displayed to the user by default. Dublin Core metadata are:
Although properties are not mandatory, filling them in will make your documents easier to find using Nuxeo search engine.
To edit a property:
- Click on the Edit button in the document actions toolbar
- Edit the metadata that you want.
- Once it is done, click on SAVE.
In a content view, drag and drop is available to move documents from a folderish document to another (like workspaces, folders, or collections).
- From your folder view, select the document you want to move.
- Click on the selected documents and drag them.
- Drop them on the folderish document you want.
- From your document view, click More then Replace . The Replace File pop-up appears.
- Drag and drop the file in the zone or click Upload main file.
- Click Replace.
- From your document view, click More then Remove . The Remove File pop-up appears.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Comments enable users to discuss the document and its evolution. To have better collaboration on content, users can create, edit, and delete threaded comments on documents.
In the Comments section of the Document view, type your comment and click on
You can reply to your comments and to comments from other users. However, replies cannot be indented further than a 2-level thread.
To reply to a comment:
Click on next to the comment you want to reply to. Type your comment and click on
You cannot edit comments from other users. However, you can reply to them.
To edit a comment or a reply:
- Click on Edit.
- Modify your comment or reply and click on The mention (edited) will figure on your edited comment or reply.
- Click on
- Click on Delete.
- Click on Delete to confirm. Your comment has been deleted.