The Nuxeo Platform relies on standard i18n principles for translating texts in the user interface. You need to upload a
.properties file, suffixed with a four letter locale code depending on the language you target. Studio enables to upload properties files that will be deployed with the customization plugin. It can be useful:
- To translate new labels that appear in the plugin, such as form's fields name, lifecycle transition names, document type names, new vocabularies' labels, etc
- To override existing labels definitions (when you want to change existing translations).
There is no naming rules for i18n keys: you can use the key format that is most convenient for you and use it directly in the
To upload english translations for your plugin:
- Prepare a properties file named
messages_en_US.propertieswith keys and label values like this one. For instance, if you have a document type called "ProfessionalServiceProposal", you can put add the following line in the file:
ProfessionalServiceProposal = Professional service proposalExample :
- Go to Resources and upload the file in the i18n files section.
- You can do it again with other languages, adding other files:
messages_ar_SA.properties(Arabic), ... (take a look at How to Translate Nuxeo for a list of all the codes available)
- Update your Nuxeo instance with your Studio customizations.