The goal of this section is to explain the principles and components that can be included in a production-ready Nuxeo cluster architecture. It also gives insights on how to scale a Nuxeo cluster depending on your needs and set up a high availability architecture.
Running Nuxeo in cluster mode addresses two important cases:
- Scalability: Adapt to varying load by adding or removing nodes
- High Availability: Supporting node failure without impacting activity
In order to scale out and provide high availability (HA), Nuxeo provides a simple clustering solution. When cluster mode is enabled, you can have several Nuxeo server nodes connected to the same services.
The Nuxeo cluster documentation pages are structured in the following order:
- Understand the main concepts of a Nuxeo cluster architecture.
- Explore each components of them, with a clear explanation of the component role, the related Nuxeo recommendations and required configuration.
- Discover the different reference architectures.
- Get a view on how to scale out a particular Nuxeo architecture component.