The Nuxeo Platform enables you to create, edit and share documents within the application.
Documents are sorted in two categories:
- Collaborative services
Collaborative services are folderish documents that enable users to share information. The naked Platform collaborative services are:
Documents available in the naked Platform are:
- The note: a text typed in a rich editor integrated to the Nuxeo Platform;
- The file: an attached file.
The evolution of a document, each time contributors edit it, constitutes its life cycle. This life cycle is composed of the following states:
- Project: the document has been created and it can be modified;
- Approved: the document has been approved and is considered as valid. Modifying it makes it back to project life cycle state;
- Obsolete: the document is not accurate anymore and, for instance, has been replaced by a new version;
- Deleted: the document is moved into the workspace or folder trash.
To change the life cycle state of a document, you need to submit it to a workflow.