A forum is a discussion space in which users can talk together. A forum is organized around different topics, in which users can add comments. Topics and comments are displayed in threads.
As for workspaces and sections, the access to a forum is defined by access rights. Forum access rights are the same as workspace access rights. However, in the case of a moderated topic, some users are declared "moderators" and are in charge of the approval of the topic content.
Forum creation and edition are available for users with "Write" and "Manage" rights. Users with "Manage" rights can also manage the forum like a workspace, i.e. give users access rights, set alerts and manage the forum's trash.
You need "Write" or "Manage" rights to be able to create a forum.
You can create forums only in workspaces.
To create a forum:
- In the Content tab of the workspace, click on the New button.
- On the window Available document types, click on the desired document.
- Fill in the document's creation form.
- Click on the Create button.
The forum is created. You can now create topics to start discussing.
You need "Write" or "Manage" rights to edit a forum.
When you edit a forum, you modify its title and its description.
To edit a forum:
- On the forum, click on the Edit tab.
- Modify the title or the description of the forum. You can also add a comment explaining what you edited on the forum.
- Click on the Save button. The modifications are saved and the Forum tab is displayed.