Only the workflow initiator and administrators can abandon a workflow.
Abandoning a workflow means canceling it. When you abandon a workflow, the life cycle state of the document does not change. The modifications made on the document during the workflow are kept.
Abandoning the workflow can be done at any time. The workflow initiator can also decide to cancel the workflow when he gets an update request from the first reviewer. When the first reviewer rejects the document, it goes back to the initiator, who should then either edit the document and resubmit it, or cancel the review.
To abandon a workflow:
- Click on the Workflow tab of the document.
- Click on the Abandon button. A confirmation window pops up.
- Click on OK to confirm abandon. The workflow is immediately canceled. The life cycle state of the document does not change and the modifications done during the workflow are still saved.
To cancel a workflow after an update request:
- From your dashboard, click on the document for which you have an update task in the "My tasks" gadget.
The Summary tab of the document is displayed. It shows a "Your tasks" section.
- Click on the Cancel the review button. The workflow is immediately stopped. The life cycle state of the document does not change and the possible modifications done during the workflow are still saved.