The Nuxeo Zapier Integration addon is a plugin containing all the components to integrate Nuxeo Platform with the Zapier Platform.
Zapier provides workflows to automate the use of web applications together. It is often described as a translator between Web APIs.
The Nuxeo Zapier integration allows end-user to:
- Authenticate against Nuxeo instances with the add-on setup via OAuth 2
- Configure Nuxeo Platform to subscribe to all Nuxeo Notifications (by default and custom)
- Commands Nuxeo Platform via Nuxeo Automation operations
NUXEO_HOME/bin/nuxeoctl mp-install nuxeo-zapier
NUXEO_HOME\bin\nuxeoctl.bat mp-install nuxeo-zapier
Install the Nuxeo Zapier Integration Package.
From your browser, go to
Follow Nuxeo Wizard and start your server
Check Nuxeo correctly re-started
- username: Administrator
- password: Administrator
Go to Administration > Cloud Services > Providers
Click on the Add button at the top right and fill in the popup window to configure nuxeo-zapier entry secret field and set a custom one.
You have two general ways to use Zapier with Nuxeo:
By creating triggers:
This will let Zapier subscribe to Nuxeo notifications (default or custom) for receiving Nuxeo events to forward to different other applications (Gmail, Trello, Youtube, Facebook, Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce...)
By creating actions:
This will let you post data and/or execute processes on Nuxeo Platform after a trigger from another app (Gmail, Trello, Youtube, Facebook, Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce...) has been executed.
When creating a Nuxeo trigger or action on Zapier, you will need to authenticate via OAuth 2.
On this screen, set the URL of your Nuxeo instance with the secret you set (as mentioned above in the Nuxeo Setup section). You will be invited to type your credentials for authenticating Zapier against Nuxeo.
Two Nuxeo triggers are available on the Zapier platform:
- A generic trigger that allows you to select the notification you would like to subscribe to
- A trigger that notify Zapier each time a document is created for given type(s)
Five Nuxeo specific Actions are available on the Zapier platform:
- Attach binary on a given document
- Create a document in a given location
- Update a given document
- Import a document in a given location
- Start a workflow on given document(s)
There is also one generic action to use any Nuxeo Automation operations:
- You select any operations provided by the platform (default or custom)
- Be careful to set inputs if required (this form won't be validated by Zapier)
- Don't forget to set at least the required parameters
Regarding the metadata properties if suggested by the form, you can use the following format:
dc:title=###### dc:description=###### ....
Jump lines to set another metadata (and don't forget you can use the dropdown to use the Zapier metadata results in this template).