Nuxeo REST API is available on Nuxeo Platform server. All endpoints follow the URL:
This page explains the organization and scope of the existing endpoints and other additional mechanisms which extend the behavior of the API.
The Nuxeo REST API offers several additional features compared to a standard REST API:
- the ability to pipe command calls on a resource
- the use of Content enrichers in request headers which allow you to request more information with the returned resources (for example, receiving all of a document's children in addition to the document itself)
- the use of Web Adapters which transform the resources returned (for example, getting all the tasks of a document, or its related documents)
- Visit the Nuxeo API playground to experiment with different endpoints on your Nuxeo instance. You can read the Nuxeo Platform API Playground documentation page for more information on how to use it.
- Follow our Working with the REST API course at Nuxeo University.
- Follow a cURL tutorial on how to create a document in the repository and bind a binary to it
- Check out some consecutive cURL calls to get familiar with the resources/command variations of the API
- Read a blog post that discusses advanced concepts of Nuxeo REST API with a few examples.
We provide several client SDKs to make it even easier to use the API integrated with the Nuxeo Platform.