Nuxeo Platform LTS 2021 can be deployed with the Nuxeo Docker image (recommended) or using the ZIP distribution. It can be installed on all major operating system such as Windows (client or server), Linux distributions, macOS, etc.
You need to check the following items in order to install Nuxeo Platform LTS 2021:
- Get a Nuxeo Online Services account. If not, please check the Nuxeo Download page and create a trial account.
- Make sure you have a valid Nuxeo Connect token to register your instance. Please check the Token Management documentation page.
In terms of software, the only requirement to run the Nuxeo Docker image is Docker itself: Java, as well as all the external software, are integrated in the Docker image.
Using a Docker image has several advantages:
- It is OS-independent, can be run in any container runtime.
- It provides an abstraction layer that eases installation and administration. For instance, the Docker image embeds most of the external software needed by the Nuxeo Platform.
- It's what we're using internally at Nuxeo, especially in Nuxeo Cloud.
- Docker and the container ecosystem are widely maintained by the open source community.
The following table lists the current requirements for running the Nuxeo Platform.
If you have requirements and/or constraints are not reflected below, do not hesitate to contact the Nuxeo team to evaluate the feasibility of running Nuxeo on any other environment.
|Hardware Requirements||Minimum requirement to start a Nuxeo server:
||Note: a production-ready setup for the Nuxeo Platform may require several servers and different hardware sizing, depending on your SLA and planned usage. Contact Nuxeo for more information and for assistance with sizing your production architecture.|
Nuxeo Platform will likely work with greater versions of the aforementioned databases. Do not hesitate to inform Nuxeo support of your attempts with different versions.
More information can be found on the Database Configuration page.
Note that Nuxeo Server is shipped with an embedded H2 database, for quick evaluation purposes. One of the listed databases is required for a production set up or for a more thorough evaluation, like performance testing.
|Authentication and User Management||The Nuxeo Platform provides its own user and group directories and authentication solutions. It is also compatible with multiple cloud and enterprise solutions:
||See Authentication and User Management section.|
|Client-Side Requirements||The Nuxeo Platform comes with several applications for business users, which have their own requirements:|